kafka-users mailing list archives

From xiaoyu wang <xiaoyu.w...@gmail.com>
Subject mirroring - can we mirror a broker directly
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:51:27 GMT
Hello,

In the mirroring setup, the consumer configuration takes only zookeeper
connection string. I am wondering whether it can point directly to a
broker.

Here is what I am trying to do.

1. run my application server and a kafka broker on the same machine. My
application sends logs to the kafka broker
2. have an agggregate kafka cluster which collects logs from the kafka
brokers on all my servers through mirroring.

Zookeeper is not useful on my application servers since each has only one
broker running. But I have to run it for mirroring to work. Anyway to avoid
running zookeeper on my application server?

Thanks,

-Xiaoyu