kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Usage and Operations
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:55:49 GMT
>> Any chance we can get those operational details added?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Operations#Operations-Zookeeper

Certainly. I said I will do this, but then forgot about it. I will surely
get this in by next week.

Regarding Kafka's zookeeper dependency, I guess its not very clear from our
design doc on what Kafka features you lose by not running zookeeper.

If you choose to not run zookeeper, you will not be able to use the
auto-load balancing on the consumer side. Also, the producer side
zookeeper-based load balancing feature will be unusable.

Let me see if I can update our design doc to make this clearer.

Thanks,
Neha