kafka-users mailing list archives

From Christian Carollo <ccaro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Usage and Operations
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:47:33 GMT
Thanks, Ed. I had seen that link. I am really looking for a clear outline/ set of rules as
to when and why to use zookeeper and when and why not to.

Then if using it makes sense, it seems like there are some value known details about how to
keep zookeeper happy that would be great to have documented.

Christian

On Apr 27, 2012, at 1:41 PM, Edward Smith <esmith@stardotstar.org> wrote:

> Christian,
>
>  I'm new to Kafka, too.  The page linked below describes how ZK is
> typically used with Kafka, although it is my impression that you don't
> have to use ZK if you don't want to.  Not using it is also described
> briefly in the design.
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/design.html
>
> Ed
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Christian Carollo <ccarollo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to get a broad overview of what Zookeeper provides kafka?  Why it
is used with Kafka?

>> Also in the Wiki > Operations, there is a Zookeeper section but it really just
says that it needs to be filled in.