kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consumer group concept
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:46:24 GMT
Hey Jeff,

One goal we have is to make the docs understandable to people just trying
to learn the system. It sounds like it didn't quite work in this case, and
you aren't alone--somehow consumer groups confuse everyone. Of course they
seem very intuitive to us after some years of working on this project! If
you are able to see areas that are not explained clearly, or could use an
example, or that aren't covered could you send us that feedback? It really
helps to have someone who is coming at this with a fresh eye help flesh out
areas that can be improved.

-Jay

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Rodenburg, Jeff <jeff.rodenburg@teamaol.com