kafka-users mailing list archives

From Corbin Hoenes <cor...@tynt.com>
Subject compression codec configuration
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 05:22:07 GMT
compression.codec	0 (No compression)	This parameter allows you to specify the compression codec
for all data generated by this producer.

Looking at the source looks like I can specify 1 for gzip and 2 for snappy.

Can I have a producer using snappy and one using gzip publishing to the same topic and have
the kafka server still understand how to unpack messages?  (Just curious).

Also if someone could update the docs to have the acceptable values for compression.codec
that would be a nice touch.