kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Boyd <joseph.b...@cbsinteractive.com>
Subject Any way to know from kafka's JMX interface whether there are unread messages on a topic
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:10:23 GMT
Hi there,

Is there any way to know from kafka's JMX interface whether there are
unread messages on a topic?  I think the answer is 'no', based on my
read of documentation (esp. the 'high water mark'), and my own
experiments with producing test messages, looking at the stats, and
then consuming messages (both with/without committing messages
consumed).

I thought I'd double check on the users list anyhow, though, in case
I'm missing something.  The KAFKA-260 work looks useful in this area
too.

Thanks for any help.

...joe