kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: removing broker files (other than using the retention policy)?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 17:25:41 GMT
Jim,

Currently, we don't have a tool to forcefully delete log files. If you
want to clean the log files after a test run, assuming that no
producers/consumers are running, you can simply delete the log
directory. The next time a kafka server starts up, it will recreate
the log directory. If you want to delete some log files while a Kafka
server is running, assuming that there are no consumers running, you
can delete all but the latest log segment for each partition and then
restart the Kafka server. If you have consumers actively consuming
data from older log segments, they will run into errors if you delete
the log segments that the server was trying to serve messages from.

Thanks,
Neha