kafka-users mailing list archives

From "James A. Robinson" <jim.robin...@stanford.edu>
Subject removing broker files (other than using the retention policy)?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:03:56 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm hunting around on the kafka site and haven't managed to figure out
whether or not there are tools to allow one to safely delete the
/tmp/kafka-logs files.  Are there tools outside the retention policy?

I'm running tests on a somewhat limited machine, and I'd like to
figure out a way to cleanly zero everything out after a test run.  It
looks as though kafka is keeping a filehandle open for all the logs,
and it looks as though it's keeping track of offsets in zookeeper, so
I figure it isn't safe to simply delete the files!

Jim

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@stanford.edu
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
+1 650 7237294 (Work)                   +1 650 7259335 (Fax)