kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mark Grabois <mark.grab...@trendrr.com>
Subject adding kafka+zk node
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:23:55 GMT
Hi All,

Currently I have two nodes with both zookeeper and kafka instances running
successfully, processing messages with connections to both producer and
consumer clients. However, when I try to add a third kafka+zk node to the
quorum, configured in the exact same way and having specified all broker
ids and server ips properly, kafka is unable to establish a connection to
my producers on the default listening port (9092). Zookeeper appears to be
connecting properly to the cluster, but not Kafka.

Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this? All nodes are running
kafka-0.7.1.

Thank you,
Mark