kafka-users mailing list archives

From Guy Doulberg <guy.doulb...@conduit.com>
Subject Zookeeper freezes
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:48:35 GMT
Hi guys,

I am trying to understand a phenomena I am having in my cluster,

My cluster consist of 3 zookeeprs (that are in the same machines as the
brokers)

Sometimes the zookeeprs freezes, which means, I cann't use new
consumers, and I can't browse the znode using zookeeper browser.

It disappears after a while, without doing anything pro-actively.

A consumer that was already running is working alright - I guess since
the zookeeper are not available the consumer doesn't report offsets.

in my connection string I put all the 3 zookeeper instances.

Have it ever happened to one of you?

Thanks,

Guy Doulberg
Data Infrastructure engineer