kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jain Rahul <ja...@ivycomptech.com>
Subject RE: first steps with the codebase
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 21:24:32 GMT
You can check in config/server.properties. By  default it writes in /tmp/kafka-logs/ .

-----Original Message-----
From: S Ahmed [mailto:sahmed1020@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 December 2012 02:51
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: first steps with the codebase

help anyone? :)

Much much appreciated!

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM, S Ahmed <sahmed1020@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, where exactly will the broker be writing these messages?  Is it
> in a /tmp folder?
>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:02 AM, S Ahmed <sahmed1020@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Neha,
>>
>> But what do I need to start before running the tests, I tried to run
>> the test "testAsyncSendCanCorrectlyFailWithTimeout" but I got this:
>>
>> 2012-12-11 00:01:08,974] WARN EndOfStreamException: Unable to read
>> additional data from client sessionid 0x13b8856456a0002, likely
>> client has closed socket
>> (org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:634)
>> [2012-12-11 00:01:11,231] WARN EndOfStreamException: Unable to read
>> additional data from client sessionid 0x13b8856456a0001, likely
>> client has closed socket
>> (org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:634)
>> [2012-12-11 00:01:26,561] WARN EndOfStreamException: Unable to read
>> additional data from client sessionid 0x13b8856456a0003, likely
>> client has closed socket
>> (org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:634)
>> [2012-12-11 00:01:26,563] WARN EndOfStreamException: Unable to read
>> additional data from client sessionid 0x13b8856456a0004, likely
>> client has closed socket
>> (org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:634)
>> [2012-12-11 00:01:30,661] ERROR [TopicChangeListener on Controller 1]:
>> Error while handling new topic
>> (kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$TopicChangeListener:102)
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at
>> scala.collection.JavaConversions$JListWrapper.iterator(JavaConversion
>> s.scala:524) at
>> scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:79)
>>  at
>> scala.collection.JavaConversions$JListWrapper.foreach(JavaConversions
>> .scala:521)
>> at
>> scala.collection.TraversableOnce$class.foldLeft(TraversableOnce.scala
>> :176)
>>  at
>> scala.collection.JavaConversions$JListWrapper.foldLeft(JavaConversion
>> s.scala:521)
>> at
>> scala.collection.TraversableOnce$class.$div$colon(TraversableOnce.sca
>> la:139)
>>  at
>> scala.collection.JavaConversions$JListWrapper.$div$colon(JavaConversi
>> ons.scala:521) at
>> scala.collection.generic.Addable$class.$plus$plus(Addable.scala:54)
>>  at scala.collection.immutable.Set$EmptySet$.$plus$plus(Set.scala:47)
>> at
>> scala.collection.TraversableOnce$class.toSet(TraversableOnce.scala:43
>> 6)
>>  at
>> scala.collection.JavaConversions$JListWrapper.toSet(JavaConversions.s
>> cala:521)
>> at
>> kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$TopicChangeListener.liftedTree
>> 1$1(PartitionStateMachine.scala:337)
> [...]
This email and any attachments are confidential, and may be legally privileged and protected
by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email
is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by
email and then delete the email completely from your system. Any views or opinions are solely
those of the sender. This communication is not intended to form a binding contract unless
expressly indicated to the contrary and properly authorised. Any actions taken on the basis
of this email are at the recipient's own risk.