kafka-users mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Upgrade from 0.8 trunk to 0.8 GA?
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 13:49:34 GMT
Hello,

How production-ready and how GA-compatible is 0.8 HEAD now?

Context:
We're starting to use Kafka in a few projects at Sematext (one of them is in my sig below)
and are using Kafka 0.7.2.
One of them will go live in about 10 days.

Questions:
* Would it be wiser/simpler for us to switch our dependency from 0.7.2 to 0.8, code to 0.8
APIs, and deploy a version of 0.8 from HEAD or nightly build?
* How stable or buggy is Kafka 0.8 HEAD?
* If we switch to using 0.8 now, what are the chances of incompatibilities in terms of how
data in Kafka is stored? (I would like to avoid having to do data conversions or anything
that can interrupt our service)

Is anyone running a recent Kafka 0.8 checkout in high-volume production?

Thanks,
Otis
----
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase - http://sematext.com/spmĀ