kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Feldhaus <tobias.feldh...@wooga.net>
Subject A (nginx_module/Perl) Producer that writes to a Kafka Cluster with Replication
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:02:48 GMT
Hi,

I am searching for a Kafka Producer that is able to write to a Kafka Cluster with replication,
so that there is no data lost when one broker is going down. This functionality has been added
in Kafka 0.8 as far as I know. In the current (0.6) configuration we setup the Producer as
a Perl Module inside a nginx web server to handle HTTP requests. I am trying to achieve a
similar functionality, but with a Kafka-Cluster/ZooKeeper combination instead of a single
Kafka server behind it.

What would be the best way to achieve this? I haven't found a Perl Module that can talk to
a Kafka/ZooKeeper configuration so far.

Regards,
Tobias