kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Arthur <mum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Http based producer
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 18:06:47 GMT
Pratyush,

I'm not a big node.js user so I can't speak to any of the node.js clients. I mostly use the
Java/Scala client. Some clients attempt to support the ZooKeeper consumer coordination, some
don't (since it is hard to get right). There is work in progress within Kafka to simplify
the consumer offset management and centralizing it to the brokers. This will make things easier
for the clients (no ZooKeeper communication necessary).

If node.js is you application language, you might try asking in their IRC channel for people
using Kafka.

Good luck
-David