kafka-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Alexander <calexan...@gravycard.com>
Subject Unable To Run QuickStart From CLI
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:59:22 GMT
Hello All,

I am in the early stages of exploring the use of Kafka for large-scale application I am authoring.
Generally, the documentation has been pretty good and quite pleased with getting things set-up
in a couple of hours. However, I am attempting to run the QuickStart using CLI to locally
confirm that producers/consumers works through Zookeeper and Kafka. I get the following exception
when a producer connects to Zookeeper. Subsequently, I am unable to send/receive message.
The exception is:

[2012-12-19 10:38:15,993] INFO Got user-level KeeperException when processing sessionid:0x13bb3cfbcde0000
type:create cxid:0x1 zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a Error Path:/brokers/ids
Error:KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /brokers/ids (org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor)
[2012-12-19 10:38:16,032] INFO Got user-level KeeperException when processing sessionid:0x13bb3cfbcde0000
type:create cxid:0x2 zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown reqpath:n/a Error Path:/brokers
Error:KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /brokers (org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor)

I would appreciate it if some could point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Chris Alexander
Technical Architect and Engineer
Gravy, Inc.