kafka-users mailing list archives

From Chris Curtin <curtin.ch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consumer questions: 0.8.0 vs. 0.7.2
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:53:04 GMT
Hi,

I was able to implement my own lookup code but have a few concerns about
this long term:
- the Broker class is marked as 'private' in the Scala code. IntelliJ gives
me an error about using it, but the runtime lets me use it and get the
host/port out.
- I have to know a lot about the structure of some internal classes for
this to work, so changes in the implementation would cause my logic to
break.

I did a quick JIRA search and didn't see a request for a java-api for
finding the primary, is that already on the roadmap or should I submit
an enhancement request?

Thanks,

Chris