kafka-users mailing list archives

From S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: first steps with the codebase
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 03:31:46 GMT
Hi,

So I followed the instructions from here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Developer+Setup

So I pulled down the latest from github, ran;
sbt
> update
>idea

open it up in idea, and builds fine in idea also (version 12).

Everything is fine so far.

Questions:

>From just using the IDE, how can I start the neccessary services so I can
debug a producer call so I can trace the code line by line as it executes
to create a message, and then set a breakpoint on the kafka server side of
things to see how it goes about processing an inbound message.

Is this possible, or is the general workflow first starting the services
using some .sh scripts?

My goal here is to be able to set breakpoints on both the producer and
broker side of things.

Much appreciated!