kafka-users mailing list archives

From Muthukumar <zenmu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distribution of messages among consumers in a consumer group.
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:25:16 GMT
Hi,

Can you please share the server.properties setting? Do you've
num.partitions as 1?
If yes, please increase to 2 or 3, and the expectation would be
num.partitions per topic >= num.threads at consumers.

-Muthu

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Jain Rahul <jainr@ivycomptech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying kafka for one of POC. It seems to working well, but I'm having a small doubt
about distribution of messages among consumers in same consumer group.

> Below is my setup details.
>

> 1.       Kafka 0.7.1,
>
> 2.       1 producer, 1 broker, 2 Consumer(Separate JVM process on same machine) in same
consumer group(groupid), 1 topic.

> 3.       No partitions set, producer and consumer both connects to zookeeper
>
> It does seems that at a time only one consumer seems to getting all messages, while the
other consumer is sitting ideal.  Is it expected behavior or am I missing something.

> As per documents, it seems to me same like jms queue system. Can someone please guide
me.

> Regards,
> Rahul
> This email and any attachments are confidential, and may be legally privileged and protected
by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email
is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by
email and then delete the email completely from your system. Any views or opinions are solely
those of the sender. This communication is not intended to form a binding contract unless
expressly indicated to the contrary and properly authorised. Any actions taken on the basis
of this email are at the recipient's own risk.

--
Mail: zenmuthu@gmail.com / kmuthu_gct@yahoo.com | Phone:
+91-94436-62936 (Chennai) / +91-96207-89253 (Bangalore)