kafka-users mailing list archives

From ben fleis <...@monkey.org>
Subject Re: 0.8 producer -- many questions
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 15:50:47 GMT
I just realized something important.  The BoundedByteBufferSend comment
above is not in sync with my original question.  I was asking about
an arbitrary response, switch on request_id to the right handler?

In the blocking console sync client (which is the only trivial way to
follow the code that I've found -- please enlighten if there's an async
thing I can easily trace), this is a non issue, since you request, wait,
parse expected response.

Or do I need instead to just open separate sockets?  (Not a big deal, but
nice to understand clearly.)

ben