kafka-users mailing list archives

From ben fleis <...@monkey.org>
Subject Re: 0.8 producer -- many questions
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 15:07:30 GMT
Since the v0.8 protocol wire changes went in, it's time for me to fix my
protocol things.  One immediate question:

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Joel Koshy <jjkoshy.w@gmail.com> wrote:

> The requestId for each request-type is written out to the wire (see
> BoundedByteBufferSend)

The code I find writes a requestId if it's attached, but looks perfect
content if not.  This is the kind of thing that's very hard to infer, since
scanning all of the constructors, etc., is impractical.

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/0.8/core/src/main/scala/kafka/network/BoundedByteBufferSend.scala#L42

But I assume this: you are sure that they really exist in all requests?  (I
doubt myself, not you, but want to

Thanks,