kafka-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Alexander <calexan...@gravycard.com>
Subject Kafka Node.js Integration Questions/Advice
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:46:24 GMT
During my due diligence to assess use of Kafka for both our activity and log message streams,
I would like to ask the project committers and community users about using Kafka with Node.js.
Yes, I am aware that a Kafka client exists for Node.js (https://github.com/marcuswestin/node-kafka),
which has spurred further interest by our front-end team. Here are my questions, excuse me
if they seem "noobish".

1. How reliable is the Node.js client (https://github.com/marcuswestin/node-kafka) in production
applications? If there are issues, what are they (the GitHub repo currently lists none)?
2. To support real-time activity streams within Node.js, what is the recommended consumer
polling interval?
3. General advise observations on integrating a front-end based Node.js application with Kafka
mediated messaging.

Thanks you!

Chris