kafka-users mailing list archives

From Bob Jervis <bjer...@gmail.com>
Subject Socket timeouts in 0.8
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:46:17 GMT
We are seeing horrible problems.  We cannot move data through our 0.8
borker because we are getting socket timeout exceptions and I cannot figure
out what settings should be.  The fetch metadata stuff is throwing these
exceptions and no matter how I tweak the timeouts, I still get horrible
timeouts and no progress on moving data.

On test environments where there are only 12 topics there are no problems.

When the number of topics goes to ~75, then we can't move anything because
the fetch metadata requests time out.

What can we do to fix this?????????

I am desperate.