kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <andrea.gazzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a limitation on the number of simultaneous consumer connections to the same topic
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 10:43:49 GMT
It shouldn't.
Creating several listener / consumer processes belonging to the same
group means you are working with a point-to-point message channel so
incoming messages will be delivered only to one consumer.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe in that scenario there's no difference
(from broker perspective) between threads and processes.

Regards,
Andrea