kafka-users mailing list archives

From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Kafka C++ Sync Producer on Windows
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 14:16:03 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Kafka 0.7.2. I was able to run the async example of the C++ producer on Windows
using the code listed at
https://github.com/kafka-dev/kafka/blob/master/clients/cpp/src/producer.cpp

But as I understand, the C++ async producer does not have the fail-over mechanisms of buffering
the messages and retrying the transmission of messages like the Java producer has in async
mode.

To have a better control on the failure detection and to be able to retry sending the data,
I wanted to change the C++ producer to be a sync producer. A sync write will provide me ability
to detect failures for every batch of message written to the socket, and relay the buffered
messages to alternate brokers.

Requesting your guidance for the same, as I am not very familiar with the underlying libraries
usage for sync and async connections used by the C++ Kafka producer client.

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj Misra

or interference.