kafka-users mailing list archives

From arathi maddula <arathimadd...@gmail.com>
Subject High level zookeeper consumer life
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 19:47:10 GMT
Hi,
I use a high level consumer inside a servlet which reads from Kafka stream.
Every time I send an HTTP request, I use a different group ID. This results
in lots of consumers on zookeeper node( ls /consumers on zookeeper client
shows list of all consumers).
Please help me clarify these:

1)Is there a time after which zookeeper auto deletes these consumers? If
yes, can that be configured.
2)If I reuse a group ID later on, will an existing consumer be used?
3)Can there be issues if the no. of group IDs/consumers (due to
simultaneous hits or separate hits) for a topic exceeds the total no. of
partitions for a topic?
4)Sometimes I get a ConsumerRebalanceException. Could this be due to many
consumers? Can this exception occur if two servlet users use the same
groupID/consumer for the same topic simultaneously.

Thanks,
Arathi