kafka-users mailing list archives

From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Kakfa Failures and Recovery
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:22:58 GMT
Hi,

We are using 0.8 version of Kafka and are planning for high availability testing with replication.
While the entire scheme to enable the cluster to be highly available is clear, I wanted to
get some idea about Kafka Service lifetime in terms of Mean-Time to Failure and Time of Recovery
in cases of failure. Any historic evidences will also help, as it will be vital for us to
calculate the actual availability of the system across an year.

While I understand that Kafka provides more of active/active mode of seamless high availability,
but any failure, will impact the performance to some extent and this calculation will help
in deriving the actual number of nodes that we should consider without compromising on the
performance as well, while the system is available.

Any ideas/facts would be very helpful .

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj Misra

or interference.