kafka-users mailing list archives

From Martin Eigenbrodt <martineigenbr...@googlemail.com>
Subject auto.offset.reset in kafka 0.8
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 07:50:46 GMT
Hi there,

I am using kafka 0.8 (currently 0.8.0-beta1-candidate1) and I want my consumer to fail if
it can not reliably find out the last consumed offset from zookeeper.

According to https://kafka.apache.org/08/configuration.html for "https://kafka.apache.org/08/configuration.html"

> What to do when there is no initial offset in Zookeeper or if an offset is out of range:
..
>* anything else: throw exception to the consumer

But it looks like the exception is always thrown, not only when there is no initial offset
found in Zookeper. It;s being validated at startup...
Is there a workaround to fail only if no offset is found in zk?

Regards,

Martin