kafka-users mailing list archives

From Calvin Lei <ckp...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on mirror maker
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:43:04 GMT
Hi all,
    I have two questions regarding setting up mirror maker for our cross cluster replication
(DC1 to DC2, for instance)
    1. In what use case you would want to specify multiplied consumer configs?
    2. It seems like the consumer inside the mirror is a SimpleConsumer. Is it possible to
switch it to HghLevelConsumer? Assuming our DC2 is down, I would shut down the mirror until
DC2 is back up. Once it is up, I want the mirror to pick up when it is left off and start
replicating messages that has not been delivered to DC2. By using a Highlevel consumer, that
kind of behavior is built in because the offset is being saved in the DC1 zookeeper. am i
correct?

thanks,
Cal