kafka-users mailing list archives

From Hanish Bansal <hanish.bansal.agar...@gmail.com>
Subject PID files for monitoring two different instances of Kafka on same machine
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 14:20:45 GMT
Hi all,

I was just trying to create a monitoring service of my own for Kafka. I
wanted  to know if Kafka provides any sort of functionality for pid files
which I can see to check if Kafka is up or not.

My scenario is:

I will have 2 Kafka instances running on same machine with different
configurations i.e. their home directories will be different.
I want to start a specific Kafka instance if any one of the two gets
killed. So I wanted to know which Kafka instance is down.

So, how I can I get the PID of a particular Kafka instance ?

Thanks in advance.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Hanish Bansal*