kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing the number of partitions after a topic is created
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 04:06:16 GMT
Currently, once a topic is created, the number of partitions can't be
changed. We are working on a tool to allow that. For now, you will have to
either use a new topic with more partitions or if you don't care about
messages being consumed in order, you can feed the consumed messages to a
separate thread pool for processing.

Thanks,

Jun