kafka-users mailing list archives

From Calvin Lei <ckp...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions regarding broker
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 06:02:35 GMT
Hi,
    I have two questions regarding the kafka broker setup.

1. Assuming i have a 4-broker and 2-zookeeper (running in quorum mode)
setup, if topicA-partition0 has the leader set to broker4, can I change the
leader to other broker without killing the current leader?

2. What is the latency of switching to a different leader when the current
leader is down? Do we configure it using the consumer property -
refresh.leader.backoff.ms

3. What is the best practice of dynamically adding a new node to a kafka
cluster? Should i bring up the node, and then increase the replication
factor for the existing topic(s)?

thanks in advance,
Cal