kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Philip O'Toole" <phi...@loggly.com>
Subject Re: Changing the number of partitions after a topic is created
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 18:00:09 GMT
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Calvin Lei <ckplei@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Phillip. I used the kafka-topic.sh to create the topic to have 1 partition. Would
the changing the server properties still work in this case?

I'm not familiar with that script, but server.properties is what
matters. Change that and it will work.

> Also this setting sounds like a global overwrite, correct?

Yes, but it can be set on a topic-by-topic basis if you prefer. Read
the comments contained within the server.properties for guidance.

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/0.7/config/server.properties