kafka-users mailing list archives

From Danny Patel <dpa...@truecar.com>
Subject Flexible Producers and Consumers
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:31:26 GMT
I've read through many sites regarding using Kafka for log aggregation but haven't really found
anything that actually talks about how people are shipping their logs into Kafka and consuming
them. I'm really interested in implementation that would watch any kind of logs (local syslogs
and application logs) and ship them near realtime into kafka. I think products like logstash
and flume really shine in this area as they have multitude of options to ship any data stream
into central aggregation service.

Since Kafka is proclaimed to be far more scalable I'm hoping there are options such as (http://logstash.net/docs/1.1.13/)
to be able to vacuum any data source and put it into kafka queues and then consume them.

Any suggestions?
[cid:41F2EB5A-543E-42B3-B328-54EA3808E32D]