kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Libo " <libo...@citi.com>
Subject RE: partition numbers and mirrormaker
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:21:44 GMT
For a topic with N partitions on the source cluster, if I let mirrormaker to create topic
automatically, the same topic on the destination cluster will have only one partition.
Is that expected behavior?  Could you just give a yes/no answer? Thanks.

Regards,

Libo

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Koshy [mailto:jjkoshy.w@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:23 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: partition numbers and mirrormaker

You can override the default number of partitions on the source and target cluster to N. (num.partitions
in the broker config). If you need a higher (or lower) number of partitions for specific topics
you can override that on a per-topic basis (again, the config can be kept identical between
the source and target cluster).

Thanks,

Joel