kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Libo " <libo...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Changing the number of partitions after a topic is created
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 13:45:38 GMT
Hi Jun,

Is it possible to specify a different partition number for each topic in the server.properties
for 0.8?
There is no documentation about that in the file.

Regards,

Libo

-----Original Message-----
From: Jun Rao [mailto:junrao@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 12:06 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Changing the number of partitions after a topic is created

Currently, once a topic is created, the number of partitions can't be changed. We are working
on a tool to allow that. For now, you will have to either use a new topic with more partitions
or if you don't care about messages being consumed in order, you can feed the consumed messages
to a separate thread pool for processing.

Thanks,

Jun