kafka-users mailing list archives

From Haithem Jarraya <a-hjarr...@expedia.com>
Subject [0.8] Can Kafka producer discover nodes from Zookeeper?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:23:56 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Kafka, and I am a bit confused for this particular use case.
We are running a global Zookeeper cluster and I was wondering how I can have my Kafka producer
discover Kafka hostnames?
I saw that in the server.properties I can specify host.name and at that point I will be able
to see the list of hostnames in zookeeper /brokers/ids/ so I can have my producer connect
to zookeeper and resolve Kafka hostnames.
Are there any other solutions?
Also, Can we have two separate Kafka Clusters using the same Zookeeper cluster? Just to make
sure that we do not collide with other teams. I guess not given that the zookeeper path is
hard coded. Am I wrong?

Many Thanks,

Haithem