kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tianning Zhang <tianningzh...@yahoo.de>
Subject Lost of messages at C++ Kafka client
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:57:27 GMT
Hi,

I am using Kafka (version 0.7.2) for publishing events from
some C++ applications (ca. 20K event /sec). The C++ client is used, which is
based on asio.
With the asynchronous and batched messaging, one issue I
have is that in case Kafka server is broken, the client will not notice the
socket lost immediately.  Messages go lost between the moment the socket
broke and the moment when the C++ client issues an error notification.
 Message lost is not tolerated in our application. Although we have some
proprietary component to deal with the problem – it is not a convenient
solution.

As I understand, this is a known issue. But I would like to
know more about experiences and best practices for dealing this problems. What
can future versions of Kafka offer to deal with this problems?

Kind regards

Tianning Zhang ::  tianning.zhang@zanox.com