kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Nandigam, Sujitha" <snandi...@verisign.com>
Subject java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:04:07 GMT
Hi,

In producer I was continuously getting this exception java.net.SocketException: Too many open
files
even though I added the below line to /etc/security/limits.conf

kafka-0.8.0-beta1-src    -    nofile    983040

ERROR Producer connection to localhost:9093 unsuccessful (kafka.producer.SyncProducer)
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files

Please help me how to resolve this.

Thanks,
Sujitha
"This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted
as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message
immediately."