kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Headrick <andrew.headr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper session time out
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:52:22 GMT
I have not run into this issue with Kafka but have definitely run into
issues with ZK expiring sessions and needing to diagnose why. Looking at GC
is obviously very important for this. When you turn on gc logging make sure
that you include a timestamp in the gc.log filename in your start script.
By default the JVM overwrites the gc.log file on startup. I have been
burned by having a restart destroy my gc data. Also, I highly recommend
Censum for analyzing gc log files.
http://download.jclarity.com/censum-download/start.html

Best,
Andrew