kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joel Koshy <jjkosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LinkedIn C++ Implementation
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 20:13:33 GMT
Hey Shone,

1) Failover: unfortunately it does not implement retries on failure.
However, it does prevent further loss on those partitions. If we hit
errors while sending to a partition, then we asynchronously fetch
metadata for that topic to determine if we should send to a new leader
for that partition. In the mean time, subsequent messages for that
topic will be partitioned to other (available) partitions.

2) No, but that should not be too difficult to add; at least not as
difficult as (1) I think.

Thanks,

Joel