kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reprocessing messages in kafka
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 15:08:05 GMT
Kafka allows a consumer to rewind the consumption since messages are kept
in the broker by a retention policy (defaults to 7 days). I am not exactly
sure how Storm works. My guess is that it only checkpoints the consumer
offset after all messages before that offset have been processed
successfully. Could you confirm this from the Storm guys?

Thanks,

Jun