kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LeaderNotAvailableException
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 15:00:31 GMT
For now, you can still add servers, but only newly created topics will go
there. If you just remove a server, you will be down 1 replica. What you
can do is to replace a server with a new one by keeping the same broker id.

To recover from your error: (1) bring the 3 old brokers back up; (2) bring
one down and start a new broker with the same broker id; (3) wait until
it's fully caught up (underreplicated count drops to 0); (4) repeat the
above for the rest of the 2 brokers.

Thanks,

Jun