kafka-users mailing list archives

From Pablo Barrera González <pablo.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject Broker does not publish offset in zookeeper
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:41:37 GMT
Hello

I am trying to monitor our kafka cluster. For that I use a zookeeper client
that reads the information of all the consumer and a jmx agent that
connects to the brokers. I try to look for discrepancies between the data
being produced and the data being consumed.

I dislike the idea of using two different connect types (jmx and zookeeper)
for this so I wonder why broker does not publish the offset into zookeeper?
I don't want the last offset, just and update every X seconds or minutes.
Is there any reason for not doing that?

Other option is to use only jmx connections but then discovering the
consumers is impossible.

Thanks

Pablo