kafka-users mailing list archives

From Eric Sites <Eric.Si...@threattrack.com>
Subject How do you recover an 0.8 Kafka server
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 03:06:21 GMT
All,

How do you recover from a bad Kafka 0.8 server.

It failed to keep up with the replicated partitions assigned to it about a month ago.

I delete everything in the partitions directories, then created the partition folders assigned
to it.
I also recreated the replication-offset-checkpoint file, with topcname part 0.
Then start Kafka back up.

And nothing... No recovery, just a bunch of empty log and index files.
It will not recover.

I have 2 servers like this, thank god I have 6 servers and almost all partitions have 3 replicas.

But I do have a topic that had 1 partition on the servers, now it is showing no leader.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Eric Sites