kafka-users mailing list archives

From Henrik Feldt <Henrik.Fe...@intelliplan.se>
Subject Re: .net and Kafka
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:31:08 GMT
We're writing an F# client for 0.8. Cooperate?

On 11 sep 2013, at 17:57, Richard Park <rpark@ancestry.com> wrote:

> At Ancestry we're starting a project using Kafka where a large majority of out producer
processes are going to be in C#.

> I've done a bit of research and have found a few repos that have c# clients which all
seem to be at different points of development.

> So I have two questions:
>
> 1. Is there a c# client that is in active or at least semi active development? We are
starting with Kafka 0.7 first but eventually we will transition to 0.8. So if anyone is making
inroads there that would also be useful information.

> 2. Are there any c# based shops using Kafka producers? If so is there another arrangement
besides sending messages directly from c# stacks that works well? We floated an idea of possibly
writing a java based log scraping tool but direct sending would be cleaner.

> I asked if we could switch all of our code to Java and was threatened with being shot
from a cannon into the sun. But any suggestions would still be great. :)