kafka-users mailing list archives

From Aniket Bhatnagar <aniket.bhatna...@gmail.com>
Subject How far off is branch 0.8 to -0.8.0-beta1-candidate1? Is branch 0.8 stable enough to be used in production?
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:54:12 GMT
We are looking to adopt Kafka for our in stream processing use case. One of
the issue seems to be that we use scala 2.10.2 however the the 0.8 Beta1
release does not seem to support scala 2.10.x. As a result, we are not able
to use Kafka Scala client. I was wondering if we can use branch 0.8 which
seems to have the patch KAFKA-1046 incorporated. But I am not sure, if
branch 0.8 is considered stable enough for production usage. I tried to do
a diff of branches 0.8 and -0.8.0-beta1-candidate1 and there seems to be a
lot of changes between the branches (about 193 different files). Any
insight on this would be very helpful.

Also, the other option is to build client jar (essentially core jar) from
0.8 branch and deploy 0.8 Beta1 release on server. Is that recommended?