kafka-users mailing list archives

From Francis Dallaire <francis.dalla...@ubisoft.com>
Subject Offset question
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 19:45:01 GMT
Hi,

I have question regarding the offset in kafka (0.8). I've gone through the documentation and
did some tests, but I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

*         Are the offsets guaranteed to be sequential in a partition ?

o   Can it contain holes ?

*         How offsets are distributed amongst partitions ?

o   Unique inside a partition, not inside a topic ?

o   What determines where it starts for each partition ?

If you have a link to some documentation, that could be useful.

Thanks,

Francis