kafka-users mailing list archives

From "hsy541@gmail.com" <hsy...@gmail.com>
Subject Throughput Questions
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 00:33:05 GMT
Hi guys, I have some throughput questions.

I try to test the throughput using both the High Level Consumer and Simple
Consumer example from the document.  But I get much lower throughput of
simple consumer than the high level consumer.
I run the test in the cluster and I'm sure I distribute the leader broker
and consumer reads on different machine. So Is there any suggestion for the
high throughput?

Another question is if produce rate of producer is much higher than
consumer, what would happen? All the data would pile up in the broker?

Thank you!

Best,
Siyuan