kafka-users mailing list archives

From Drew Goya <d...@gradientx.com>
Subject Re: Migrating a cluster from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:02:53 GMT
Thanks Neha, I rolled upgrades and completed a rebalance!

I ran into a few small issues I figured I would share.

On a few Brokers, there were some log directories left over from some
failed rebalances which prevented the 0.8.1 brokers from starting once I
completed the upgrade.  These directories contained an index file and a
zero size log file, once I cleaned those out the brokers were able to start
up fine.  If anyone else runs into the same problem, and is running RHEL,
this is the bash script I used to clean them out:

du --max-depth=1 -h /data/kafka/logs | grep K | sed s/.*K.// | sudo rm -r