kafka-users mailing list archives

From Drew Goya <d...@gradientx.com>
Subject Migrating a cluster from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:15:57 GMT
So I'm going to be going through the process of upgrading a cluster from
0.8.0 to the trunk (0.8.1).

I'm going to be expanding this cluster several times and the problems with
reassigning partitions in 0.8.0 mean I have to move to trunk(0.8.1) asap.

Will it be safe to roll upgrades through the cluster one by one?

Also are there any client compatibility issues I need to worry about?  Am I
going to need to pause/upgrade all my consumers/producers at once or can I
roll upgrades through the cluster and then upgrade my clients one by one?

Thanks in advance!